Monday, February 6, 2012

Dust Bowl Day

Yesterday may have been the Super Bowl, but today was definitely the Dust Bowl!!! Or the Windy Bowl for sure!! And it's been scary loud wind too!! Thankfully we only lost power once for 30 seconds...of course that happened while I was in the bathroom with both kids! Go figure! This morning the kids tried the egg muffins I made yesterday for them...theirs had cut up hot dog and cheese. I made them pretty basic for the first time, and hope I can talk them into more additions! I was pleased they liked them! Daniel was the first one done and dressed and out the door! The sun was shining and it promised to be another great day!! Sam wasn't too far behind him....which gave me the time I needed to work on my Avon orders. And do dishes. And do laundry. And. And. And.....lol Before lunch we headed to the shed to get the books for the week. On the way home the kids asked to have a picnic on the back deck...I agreed! It was already 60 at noon, and that is perfect picnic weather if you ask me! They were ecstatic! I rather enjoyed eating by myself too lol. It was after lunch that Zumba hit me HARD!! Oh my thighs were burning!!! All the squats and lunges caught up to me. Even my hips were protesting! Howie scared me when he walked thru the door at 1:50....he came home feeling miserable with a sinus infection. So he went and took a two and a half hour nap. During which I extracted the first sliver of 2012...on SamSam's right heel. It took 5 minutes to get the first part out...it was probably a half inch sliver...for the really embedded part, we froze her heel with an ice cube before I dug around with a needle to expose the sliver. (did I make your tummy cringe mom?) It didn't take long and the tears stopped quickly. She tip toed to the bathroom to get a band aid and once that was on she was all about the ice cream I'd promised her. Then she was off to play again!! While dinner was waiting to be made, I popped onto pinterest and found a recipe for dessert. I checked the recipe out and lo and behold I had all the ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal bars. It only called for 1/2 cup brown sugar!! That's amazing for any recipe!! They were done before we sat down to eat, and perfectly cooled to eat when we were done. DJ gobbled his right up!! Sam had three small bites...which I insisted on. She liked it but I'm sure it wasn't her favourite! After dinner I bathed DJ so he'd be fresh for school. As I was brushing his teeth the power went out, before I could get the flashlight on my phone to kick in, the lights came back on. Whew! Of course this happened after 8 and the dvr is working and interrupted the shows recording. Luckily, they were both on commercial! Of course it wasn't til I sat down that I realized The Voice wasn't recording...gah! BUT...I did also learn that its on On Demand...so it can wait til tomorrow!! The Bachelor was full of surprises!!!! Lindsay getting the rose! Blakely not!! And Casey getting called out!!! Honestly girls, if you're going to be on a dating show, don't have a boyfriend back home!! I hope her tears were of shame!! Oh the drama!!! That Women Tell All show will be fun to watch!! Til next time...God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!