Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Princess in Training

Sleep training that is! And let me tell you, it's not a fun place to be!!! Due to sharing a room with SamSam, and being in a house that's soooooooooooooo not sound proof, I've taken the really easy road and just let her be in bed with me. Works wonders....til Daddy visits...then the wars begin! At Christmas, she let me move her to the co-sleeper...at her birthday, there was NO moving her! So with me going to Maui in 4 (YES, FOUR) weeks, I absolutely, positively, MUST get her acquainted with her crib. *sigh*
Even as I type this she's sighing in MY bed while sleeping all snug as a bug.

The Plan: start off slow...rock her to sleep and get her used to a different routine than just nursing on my bed and sleeping. This week, the transition will be to my bed once I get her asleep. She's not liking the moving part, but it is only day one...I need patience! She did pretty good tonite, and when she woke up in the bed wondering what the heck was I doing...it only took her 10 mins to fall back to sleep WITHOUT being attached to me. That in itself is progress!
Next week, phase two begins...with the crib being her place of slumber. Whatever will I do with the WHOLE bed to myself!??!!? The key here will be making sure that if she wakes up in the middle of the nite, NOT to just pick her up and bring her to bed with me...gonna be chilly, but totally worth it in the end! Imagine, a full 8 hours of sleep...not that I'll get that myself as here it is 12:35 am and she's been in bed for 3 hours already....hooo hooo....that was the night owl in me!

I'll keep ya posted on how the Princess adjusts....and who sheds more tears....lol

Til next time....ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!