Monday, April 27, 2009

2 Pigs, a Pony and a Cindy-Lou Who

That's what SamSam had in her hair today....all at once!!! It looked SO cute!!! I did take pix, but they're not uploaded yet...and frankly I have much more important news.........

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 11TH AT 8 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in absolute SHOCK when I decided to check my email and discover and email from NVC! I can honestly say I wasn't expecting anything to happen til July or later....so mentally I'd been preparing myself for that time frame...to get this email and be told my interview is in JUNE is just beyond amazing!! Even more amazing is that Howie will already be here that week and go with us to Montreal!!! What HUGE relief that is that I don't have to make this journey by myself with the two kids!!!! I'll have help and support and PROOF we have an amazing marriage!!!
I feel like the huge weight named WHEN has been lifted off my shoulders!! I could conceivably be home, in Washington, for the 4th of July!!! What better way to celebrate than with fireworks! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
OK..just needed to get that out!!! whew!

So...now the fun begins....I'm calling the only Dr in Ontario that does the physical required ($275.00 fee of course) tomorrow morning first thing. Then I'm calling my GP to get all medical records and immunization records to take with me. Then I need to go get pix done that have to be a specific size and colour and position, that are needed for the physical. And I need to stop researching things on the Internet as it's only makin my mind over fill useless info! Albeit some of it was pretty interesting to find out.
For instance, you get approval right then and there...but it takes a week for the visa to arrive via mail. OK, good to know!
Also found out I'm to arrive with a specific type of envelope already pre-addressed to me for the said visa to arrive in...good to know!
I also found out that I'm to arrive at 7 am for the doors to the embassy to open at 8 am and that it's first come, first served for the interviews...VERY good to know.
I also found out that for most adults there's 3 vaccines that on the MUST list, of which I don't have a current tetanus shot....good to know! (man I hate needles)
The estimated waiting time at the consulate on the day of interview is 1-3 hours...VERY good to know as I'll have two toddlers in tow!
And if it wasn't for my g/f Jackie and her wicked googling skills...I wouldn't know any of that above info!! So thank you VERY much Jackie!!!!

The only thing I'm having a hard time figuring out is how we're gonna get home...Howie's visit is June 6th to the 13th...the interview is the 11th, which means I should have the visa in hand by the 19th (when, not if, approved!!) and he'll be out of vacay time when he leaves us here on the 13th...OY
My dad did casually mention that they might not have anything going on the month of June and could drive with us...ya think he wants me gone!??!! LMAO Methinks so too! So much so, that he bought me the winning lottery ticket for Wednesday's 32M lottery...if you don't see a post from me Wednesday nite, you'll know I won and am going into hermit crab status!!! Sayonarra!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm SO wound up right now...and beyond elated! Please pray we get a compassionate interviewer that wants us to be reunited regardless of past over stepping of previous visas!! From what I understand the whole interview lasts all of 20 mins! Oh and of course, costs money!! LOL What doesn't with these people!??!!?!

Ok...I've rambled enough...

Til next time...ciao!

1 comment:

  1. the biggest bestest wootiest WOOT for Missy, Howie, DJ & Sam.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for dropping a line!